A standard MiniDisc by Sony, a
handy little robust audio medium
You are running Windows 7 64 bit (x64) or Windows Vista 64 bit and want to transfer music from your computer to your NetMD but you can't connect your MiniDisc.
The problem is that there is no 64bit driver available for the USB connection between your NetMD and computer running Windows 7 64 bit.
Windows 7 Pro users can switch to XP mode but that's not the shortest way to use your NetMD. Windows 7 premium users can't even switch their system in to XP mode. So that's very sad for all the MiniDisc lovers.
If you love your MiniDiscs and you can't connect your PC to it, well than you have a major problem.
HiMD seems to have no problem connecting to a 64 bit PC at least if you use the HiMD mode. If you want to transfer it in early standards like MD and NetMD it needs 32 bit (x86) support on your 64 bit system.
There was no supported driver for 64 bit systems for so far ...
... UNTIL NOW!
Yes we can resolve all these problems. We have the solution for these problems. A 64 Bit driver for the NetMD standard.
Just follow these steps to get your MiniDisc back to work:
1. Make sure you installed Sonic Stage 4.3 on your Windows 7 64 bit system.
2. Download the NetMD USB-Driver for Windows 7 (64 bit) or Vista (64 bit)
If none of these drivers work for you,
please try the Sony's Personal Audio Driver
3. Unpack the zip-file with the drivers to a folder
4. Go to Device Management
5. Go to Universal USB, Right click on NetMD (flaged with a red ' ! ' ) and update drivers
6. Browse my computer for driver software
7. Go to the unpacked folder where you unpacked the zip-file
8. Follow the rest of the procedure
9. Restart your computer
10. If you now open Sonic Stage 4.3, after restarting your computer, you will see that you are now can make a connection with your NetMD.
Problem Fixed with this NetMD (Net MD) driver for Windows 7 64 bit!
This works for Sony NetMD players and Sony HiMD players.
Windows 7 pro 64 bit users don't need to go in XP mode to get their NetMD to work.
If you still have problems for some MiniDisc products you're welcome to write a comment, we will answer as soon as possible.